Unit 4 Electricity and magnetism
- Other common gates in use include NAND and NOR gates. A NAND gate is a combination of a NOT gate and an AND gate. A NOR gate is a combination of a NOT gate and an OR gate.
output 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0
output 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0
- Notice from the truth tables how the NAND and NOR gates are the complete opposite (inverse) of the AND and OR gates, respectively.
- More than one logic gate can be combined with others to give the desired effect in a particular
- for a washing machine to work the machine must be on and the door closed
- a security light will switch on when it is not daylight
- a fridge alarm will sound when the door is left open or the temperature inside the fridge rises too high.