Physics tuition with Mr. Kaleem Akbar
This page lets you proceed to register for IGCSE Physics lessons online.
About Mr. Kaleem Akbar MSc. BSc. PGDE
Welcome to Physics tuition with Mr. Kaleem Akbar.
Mr. Akbar is an experienced Physics teacher and International writer.
He has a BSc. Honours from Heriott Watt University, an MSc. from the University of St Andrews and a PGDE from Strathclyde University. All qualifications were achieved between 2002-2005 from these prestigious educational institutes of Scotland.
He has been teaching IGCSE and AS/A level Physics since 2006 and has over 10 years teaching experience, he has written two endorsed titles, one for the Cambridge examination board and one for Edexcel. The fact that these titles have been endorsed means they have been through a rigorous checking process by their respective examination boards and consequently officially approved.
His titles that are available world-wide are:
As well as being an author, he still actively teaches and is always looking for ways to improve how to teach what is generally considered a difficult subject in the easiest way possible. He has now created videos to support his lessons along with his books. This means students can replay lessons, that they have been taught, in the comfort of their own home after having gone to a tutorial lesson.
Mr. Akbar has also launched a live online tuition service for students who would rather learn from the comfort of their own home and save time on travelling to and from a tuition.
His success rate is averaged at 98% A*- C at IGCSE and A-level.
What former students think of Mr. Akbar's teaching
Currently, students/parents are requested to fill in the details in the following pages to secure the student's place. The booking system allows the time slot(s) to be chosen (Please note that students are where possible placed in classes based on similar academic ability - This is to help them achieve the best grade possible). Of course students are welcome to fill this form in too.
Currently, Mr. Akbar plans to teach face to face lessons on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays only.
This online sign up system is designed to be a simple way for parents/students to to sign up and choose available classes based on the students current ability for the upcoming academic year (late August to the end of the following April).
This system allows good communication between teacher, parents and students, for example, being able to report student progress to your email inbox directly by sending electronic report cards throughout the year.
Lessons take place once or twice per week depending on the students current ability.
- Physics tuition lessons take place once per week regardless of the students current grade.
Year 11 or accelerated
- Lessons take place once per week if the student is in the accelerated program or has a current grade B or above.
- It is recommended that students with a current C/D grade take lessons twice per week but can choose once per week.
- Students with a low grade D and below are required to have lessons twice per week.
NOTE: Final class allocation will be subject to latest reports/examination scores prior to the start of the course.
Lesson format for all classes
- Each lesson is 2 hours long, with a short break in the middle.
- Students will get a copy of Mr. Akbar's Physics book and classified & organised examination style questions.
- Students also get several bonus materials such as video recordings of each lesson, online quizzes, tests and WhatsApp support for any difficulties they may have outside of a lesson. Students are can request to come 15 minutes before and stay 15 minutes after lessons to receive additional 1-1 support, should they need it.
Victoria English Institute, Floor 1, Block 3, St 64, Bneid Al Gar, Kuwait City
Cost of lessons
On-site Face to Face Tuition
1 or 2 lessons per week over 30 weeks excluding exam revision. The number of lessons depends on your current grade see above.
Discounted lesson packages are available. It's advisable to only pay for packages after participating in 1-2 lessons with Mr. Akbar to ensure you are happy with his teaching methods and style.
- Cost per lesson — 20 KD (see time duration above)
- Package of 10 — 180 KD 10% off
- Package of 20 — 340 KD 15% off
- Package of 30 — 480 KD 20% off
Initially a 40 KD deposit will be requested to confirm your place. This effectively pays for your 1st lesson and any materials that will be provided to you on the 1st lesson. Once the deposit is paid it is non refundable.
Live Online tuition - 1hr
You may choose to pay your deposit at a later date. You will be prompted to pay a deposit prior to the academic year beginning or when the class is almost full, whichever comes first.
Please note: Mr Akbar teaches 100’s of students per week, 1-1 tuition is not a viable use of his time and would therefore incur a premium. If you would like to enquire about 1-1 tuition, email: email@example.com
If you have already registered with your Google account, please login. Otherwise, please follow the simple steps to register your account.